Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why Are You Going to Africa?

One of the most frequent questions I get when I tell people I am going to Africa is, "Why? Is this a mission trip?" I explain that I will be studying several aspects of the West African country, Senegal, including culture, art, religion, history, government, geography, educational systems, and current issues. I say that my mission is to bring back what I learn to my students, my school, my district, and my community. The next thing friends want to know are the specific details of how the agenda will work, where I will be staying, etc. Happily, a recent communique from "headquarters"
introduces a website that thoroughly describes the project. Should you have any questions about "why" after browsing its various pages, I will be surprised.

I invite you to click on this url address to find out more about this project.

http://www.gs.howard.edu/wara2010/default.htm

1 comment:

  1. This is unbelievable Arlis! I can't wait to hear/read all about it!!

    ReplyDelete