Saturday, April 17, 2010

Missed a Call

I ran for it when I heard it ringing, but missed the call I had been waiting for - for two weeks. Ahhh! It'll seem silly to you, but checking things off my "to do" list does wonders for my mood. When the travel clinic nurse finally called, I was in the other room. Short story long, I ended up having to make another appointment for a phone call in two more weeks. On that day, I'll be sure to paste my phone to my forehead, so I won't miss the call. The travel clinic nurse and I will discuss my itinerary and the possible risks in the area, in order to determine what shots and medications I will need. Here's what I've read:

The degree of risk is high. There are food and waterborne diseases: bacterial and protozoal diarrhea, hepatitis A, and typhoid fever. As for vectorborne diseases (mosquitoes?): Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, dengue fever, malaria, Rift Valley fever, and yellow fever. Water contact disease: schistosomiasis. Respiratory disease: meningococcal meningitis. Animal disease: rabies (2009)

I didn't save the url address for this information. My students have every right to tease me for that, because I constantly tell them to cite their sources. The illustration comes from coolaggregator.wordpress.com

All part of the adventure! Don't worry, Mom. I'll be careful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment