Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Welcome Letter

My welcome letter arrived yesterday via email. That means the Fulbright Hays organization received my "YES, I ACCEPT THE INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE" fax. The co-directors of this seminar are Mbye Cham and Samba Gadjigo. Meeting people with such dedication to history, culture, and education will be an honor. Our sessions are to be conducted at the West African Research Center (WARC) http://www.warc-croa.org/, and we will be staying at the Al Afifa Hotel in the center of Dakar. I look forward to the seminars, readings, film screenings and other activities.
Could it get any better? YES! Pre-departure orientation will take place in.... Boston! I'd have been happy go anywhere to prepare for this trip, but Boston has been on my "bucket list" for some time.
Fax health forms - check
Fax insurance forms - check
The photograph is titled "Top View of Dakar". Photo Credit - Photos Around the World, worldpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment